Mumblings of a Muddled Mind

I like to write about what matters to me and to raise awareness for mental health. I suffer from mental illness but that does not define who I am.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lil Miss Makeup

Does anyone else remember this bitch?



I was so excited when my mom agreed to buy her for me! Wow, that's magic! Hey, I was only 10. I loved that doll to death. Literally. I Had to throw her out because she no longer had hair..(I went through a hairdresser on my dolls phase) but she sure did make me want to wear make-up!
I think by the age of 10 I had some of my own stuff. The only problem was, that when I applied it, it looked NOTHING like the doll's perfectly placed magic make-up. Oh no, I looked like a whore trying to apply make-up after smoking a few rocks. I thought it made me look sexy. HA!

As I got older I stopped using the backs and bright red lipsticks. I decided I liked make-up but I wanted a natural look so from the ages of about 15-20 I only wore browns. Brown eyeliner, brown eyeshadow and brown lipstick if I wasn't wearing my gloss. I had a slight addiction to pot lip gloss during my teens.

I have a new obsession with liquid eyeliner lately. I used to have a couple of bottles when I was 14 but back then I was not as skilled with make-up so it always looked like shit. I ended up using them to draw on my walls when I lived with my Dad in Alberta. He was not impressed.




The photo on the top is my eyes lined on the top and bottom lids as I was going for a classic pin-up look and the one under it are lined only on the bottom with some darker brown eyeshadow. I was going for an Egyptian look in the second photo.

5 comments:

  1. No idea about that particular doll but my little sister had this doll when I was a kid that talked and it scared her. She gave it to me and I ended up painting war paint on its face with markers and threw it on the roof. Random recollection there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pretty and obviously great with the makeup. I had my nose pierced for awhile, but let that shit grow closed. Now I have a nice scar on the inside of my nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah dolls can be creepy eh Christopher?
    I had a few creepers. I love random recollections!

    Thank you very much Sage. :D

    SB: Thanks a bunch hun. I used to have 3 holes in one nostril but now I only wear the one. Hey..it could have been worse..you could have a really bad tattoo on your face! :P
    I have had so many piercings that I have random hoes hangin' around.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha. used it to draw on the walls. that is some funny shit.

    i have always been a liquid liner fan. i dont use it all the time but i do when i wasnt that POW it gives. its great stuffs

    ReplyDelete